Iftar Box for Charity
This month is the holy month of Ramadan which is celebrated by Muslims worldwide. It is a month of fasting, self-reflection, and consideration for others, especially those who are not as fortunate as ourselves. In the spirit of giving, Scrumptious by Hira is launching an Iftar Dessert Box whose proceeds will go towards helping people in our community.
We are teaming up with American Humanity Helpers to raise funds to purchase a home for Muslim women who have suffered from domestic violence and are no longer safe in their homes. These women and their children have nowhere to go. They have been relying on the charity and kindness of others while seeking shelter in their local mosque. Living at a mosque is not sustainable in the longterm.
Speaking from personal experience, leaving a home with abuse is next to impossible. It takes strength and perseverance to take your family and start your life anew. Which is why, when I heard of American Humanity Helpers’s efforts, I knew that Scrumptious needed to take part.
The ultimate goal is to raise $200,000 in donations, to be able to purchase the property outright.
Here’s how you can help!
1. Purchase an Iftar Dessert Box:
• $5.00 from each box purchase will go towards the purchase of this home.
- You can sponsor the box and we will take care of distribution through organizations that are distributing Iftar.
- You can keep the box and enjoy the Scrumptious treats with your family (all pick ups will be on Saturdays between 12-7PM)
2. Spread the word! Please share with your friends, family, and networks! We would love to be able to reach our goal!
Each box includes:
2 Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
2 Standard Sized Cupcakes
2 2oz. Mango Mousse Cups
2 Biscoff Pie Tarts
2 Mini Brownies